Thursday, June 7, 2012

Wrapping Up The Year

...the school year that is. A lot has been going on since the Bravissimos post in May. Since then our school held "thank an administrator" day. One of our art classes hung the collage below on the door of my office.


I've worn a tie to work every day since 1996 so it was only appropriate that the theme of the collage was "Tie It Up". I loved it!

We have been busy on the home front. The hangout in my friend Henry's garage across the street (also known as the Speed Shop" received a serious upgrade in the form of a real-deal pop corn machine. All we had to do was cut a hole in the wall and construct a shelf out of the scrap wood. We took the popper for for a couple of test runs and it works great! Notice the turn table below the record shelf....only vinyl is allowed in the garage!


Steve Correia from the "Correia Middle" days stopped by Dana Middle to say hi. I set him up with a copy of a CD containing the original artwork and letterhead for Correia Middle. I've held onto the CD since 1999. Steve gave Diane and I a nice piece of crystal with the word "Dana" engraved on it. Very cool! Thanks!

By the way...I don't actually have a photo of the crystal that Steve gave to us. The photo above is of a different piece of crystal currently sitting on the desk in my office. I received this piece as a gift in 2001 while working at Correia. Notice the cougar engraved in the bottom.

I figured I would throw in a photo of a sleeping cat while I was at it. I have dozens of photos of Jack sleeping on his back with his mouth open. They are pretty easy to take since Jack sleeps this way almost every night....always worth a photo!