Monday, February 6, 2012

Rain On The Way...But Not Too Heavy

It should rain tomorrow....but I'm not predicting anything dramatic. The forecasts show storms forming off the coast but I believe they will taper off the further south you are. Down in San Diego, we'll have enough rain to help pack down the jumps but nothing severe enough to cause any issues.

But there are signs...for example the first thing I noticed was the high clouds forming in the sky. These are a dramatic change from the recent cloudless and sunny skies. The photo above was taken when I arrived at home tonight.
















Then we have the grib files....take a look at the one I downloaded when I arrived at home. The dark band is raining forming off the coast of Southern California.
















Finally we have the weather fax. The file below shows the same low pressure system heading towards the shore. Bring a rain jacket to work tomorrow!