Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Nothing Short Of A Miracle...

I've decided that my jeep is possessed with spirits.Why? Because for reasons which don't match up with any form of logic, the gauges on my jeep are now working! See the photo below...

What happened? I took out the old gauges and replaced them with the new ones. I checked the gauges before I bolted the cluster in the dash and they read incorrectly (the gauges said I had a full tank when I only had half a tank). My dad helped me troubleshoot the each gauge and everything checked out...but when I put the cluster together, the gauges didn't work.

I decided I was tired of troubleshooting and bolted the cluster in anyways....and guess what? The gauges now work correctly! Why this works...I have no idea. Nothing happening here matches any of the instructions I have for this project.

So I've decided there is something living in the jeep...and whatever it is...as long as I keep it happy, the jeep will keep running. Either that or its a 28 year old vechicle built by a company that is now out of business :)

Oh yeah....notice how the gauges look just like the stock ones? That's because I took off the new face plates and replaced them with old ones (I had to use a pair of tin snips to modify the old face plates). As good as new (or old I mean...)!