Saturday, July 24, 2010

Internet Connectivity in Garcia Park? Go Figure...

You would be suprised to find where you can find connectivity on this planet. Last night we stayed in Tres Ritos, outside of Chimayo, New Mexico. It is a pretty place but we were surrounded by ATV campers. Big trailers, and generators running all night.

So the next day we drove to Taos and stopped in at a camping store. We spoke to the guy working behind the counter and I told him I needed a good nights sleep in the mountains. I told him about last night and he told me to go to Garcia Park, 7 miles up a dirt road out of Taos.

We get there and it is beautiful. We park the truck in a grove of aspens and take a walk in a nearby meadow. I just happened to turn on my phone and believe it or not...we have reception. That's why you are getting this post.

New Mexico is a beautiful place. More to follow.....