Friday, December 17, 2010

It Is Going To Rain....

It is going to be a rainy winter vacation.....at least that is what we are predicting. I have been playing around with GRIB files. GRIB is a technology that allows major meteorological organizations such as NOAA to send detailed weather information in a condensed format. The primary audience is the crew of yachts who are sailing in the open ocean. I found a free GRIB viewer program called zygrib. I installed it and started playing with interpreting weather predictions.GRIB files contain computer generated data but not human predictions. I combine this information with data found on shortwave radio faxes to try to make predictions.  

It should rain all weekend into next week with a real heavy dose of rain coming next Thursday....or so I predict. We will see...